JDM Monetization Services, LLC (JDMMS) began operation in 2011 as a full service food aid monetization agency. JDMMS is registered in the State of Illinois, owned and operated by Jonathan Mooney.
Jon holds a Master's of International Management (MIM) degree from the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota with additional MBA coursework from the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management. Jon earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences at Utah State University.
Jon served in the Peace Corps in Honduras.
JDM MONETIZATION SERVICES, LLC, Chicago, IL 2011– Present Owner
* Negotiate, sell and export U.S. agricultural commodities for USDA Food for Progress partners. * Develop and write USDA food aid proposals focusing on sustainable agriculture development. * Purchase, import and market high quality Arabica coffee beans from Central America.
OLAM AMERICAS, INC., Chicago, IL March 2009 – November 2010 Food Aid Business Manager
* Responsible for the purchase and sale of U.S. origin agriculture commodities for export. * Facilitated global relationships between USAID and USDA with all levels of the Olam organization for international sustainable agriculture development programs. * Consulted, conceptualized and advised with proposal writing and program implementation. * Developed and maintained relationships with clients and cultivated new business relationships and opportunities for Olam.
LAND O’LAKES PURINA FEED, Shoreview, MN 2007- March 2009 Buyer
* Responsible for the procurement of packaging materials. * Executed supply agreements to optimize spend and ensure quality specifications were met. * Implemented risk management strategies. * Managed relationships with domestic and international suppliers.
LAND O’LAKES, INC., INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIVISION, Arden Hills, MN 2001 – 2007
Food Aid Commodity Export and Logistics Manager
* Negotiated agricultural commodity sales and barter contracts and the procurement details for USDA and USAID food security cargoes valued in excess of $150 Million USD. * Issued and coordinated the presentation of banking and shipping documents using Incoterms and Letters of Credit for more than 40,000 metric tons of containerized and 250,000 metric tons of bulk grain export sales. * Assisted with the implementation of USAID and USDA sustainability programs. * Created a marketing plan and tools consisting of a website, brochures and printed material.
* Managed post-fixture shipping, documentary and vessel logistics and supply chain matters for more than $200 Million of bulk commodity sales. * Issued and coordinated the presentation of banking documents for bulk commodity product sales with extensive use of Letters of Credit. * Communicated freight and shipment status to customers in more than fifteen Latin American countries in Spanish and English. * Counseled product line merchants and Latin American offices in more efficient management of supply chain resources.
UNITED STATES PEACE CORPS, Honduras 1992 – 1994 Health Volunteer
* Trained and supervised rural volunteer community health workers. * Developed and presented, both formal and informal, health and nutritional education curriculum for infant and young child survival projects. * Developed, organized and managed multiple infant and young child weighing projects. * Negotiated with Honduran ministry officials for funding a community sanitation project. * Organized and managed the construction of community sanitation facilities.